Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Pits


LB is one month away from being 2, but I'd still remove the cherry pits before feeding her a cherry. My MIL feels differently, as I found out yesterday. Apparently, last week when LB spent the afternoon with my in-laws, she was being fed whole cherries. She didn't swallow any pits that they saw. But I remember when she spent a few days with them while I was in the hospital with LG, after I got home she had a HUGE upchuck in the middle of the night, covering herself. Within that mess were a bunch of cherry pits.

I think I'm really just never going to change my feelings on leaving my kids with them for longer than a few hours. They raised 2 children, but my MIL does things so differently, and there seems to always be something that I'm appalled at when I find out.

I guess there's only so much common ground to be reached.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute picture!

-Robin

Anonymous said...

I take the pits out of 'Layne's cherries, too. I also bite all of her grapes in half. I'm a wee bit paranoid of her choking. It sucks when the in-laws have lackadaisical attitude towards your kids’ welfare and safety.

Elayne gets fed garbage when she's at her grandma's place (IE: Cheesies for lunch!) and her grandmother doesn't care enough about Elayne's well being to tell me if she, or Elayne's cousins are sick. The last 2 or 3 times Elayne spent time there, she's come home with a cold. I even had Chris talk to his Mom about it, and she said "It's no big deal". No big deal for her, maybe.

So now, Elayne isn't going over there until the MIL kisses ass, so to speak. (Can you tell I am a bit worked up?)