Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Freaky

This afternoon while I napped in my bedroom with my two kiddies, someone was on our balcony. That someone rearranged our balcony furniture and the kids' toys, opened the screen door and closed the glass door.

I was not notified that any work was to be done on our balcony... I didn't even know ANY balcony work was going to be done on our building until I saw the workers yesterday. But there is fresh caulking filling holes in our balcony railing, and a strip of wood with "WET CAULKING" written on it and balanced on my daughter's trike blocking the balcony door, so working they were.

Pissed though I am at the building management company for not notifying me, I went out and apologized for not moving our stuff out of the way for them beforehand. The guy on the ground replied, "too late now". I HATE it when people say snitty things like that, when I don't have to say fuck all to them in the first place. I replied that I had no been notified of the work to be done, otherwise the stuff would have been moved (and I would have been AWAKE). To which the guy replied "don't touch the black stuff" and the other guy on the ladder said "your vinyl (covering our balcony floor) is lifting pretty badly". Thanks for freakin' acknowledging my APOLOGY.

GUH.

Now to write a very pissy letter to the building management company. Guess this mood I've been in is going to come in handy after all.

2 comments:

ghost said...

you gottsta to use the tools at your disposal.

Phil Plasma said...

Common courtesy is becoming more rare. Yet another sign of our failing civilization.