Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

He jacked my heater

My office is always cold. Other parts of the greater office are okay, even stuffy. But my office space has a draft. Last Spring I brought in my own space heater from home to keep myself warm—it's freezing in here summer and winter. The woman I share my office with has appreciated having it, and we often share the heat.

 

Yesterday, I returned to my office to find the pres with my heater in his hands. "Can I borrow this? I am freezing."

 

Well, so am I, that's why it was on!

 

But what can you say, really? So I said, "Of course"… and haven't seen my heater since. Oh, I catch a glimpse of it every once in a while, it's on full blast in the pres' office.

 

And I sit here in my turtle neck sweater with cold hands, and shiver all day until I reach the overload point with my tea and coffee and begin to sweat.

 

I see how it's going to go. I'm going to go to the controller and ask him to get the pres a little space heater so I can get mine back, instead of the pres seeing mine and thinking "that's a good idea" and ordering his own.

 

Brrr…

No comments: